26 August 2010

Unspoken Prayer Requests: It's a Secret

People ask me to pray for their job, their family, their friend...and then the mysterious "unspoken prayer request". A secret. When I hear it, I automatically think the person is in love with someone in the room or with a close friend of someone in the room. Or maybe they're simply doing it to tantalize those of us who want to be in the know. Or it's just so juicy...so scandalous...or so intriguing that they would automatically want to take it back the minute it was unveiled. Or maybe they think they're doing us all a favor by not sharing. As you can tell, I take prayer requests very seriously.

The mystery of it drives me insane. OK, not quite insane. Actually, many, many steps from insane, but don't they know I'm a curious person? Don't they know that I WANT TO KNOW? I want to know how to pray specifically for you. I guess I just assume that people have unspoken prayer requests. That's why they are called unspoken. I'm not sure where the trend started, but I would really like it to end.

And anyway, if they say "unspoken prayer request" outloud, isn't it technically...spoken? So please, people, keep your unspoken prayer requests to yourself if you don't want to drive a chronic curious person crazy. This has been a public service announcement from the ICPIA (Insanely Curious Prayer Intercessors of America). Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment